• NMMA Continuing its Long-Standing Relationship with Progressive® Insurance for Discover Boating® Boat and Sport Shows
Discover Boating®, powered by the NMMA and Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA), announced today the re-branding of NMMA’s full lineup of consumer boat and sport shows under the Discover Boating brand, kicking off January 5 in Nashville and 10 other major markets in 2023. The expansion of Discover Boating across boat and sport shows comes as a result of NMMA’s investment in the brand as the association works in partnership with the MRAA to attract the next generation of boaters while retaining and growing the existing boat owner community.
“The integration of Discover Boating with NMMA boat and sport shows extends our industry’s impact, reach and marketing power to further engage attendees and attract a wider net of boating and outdoor enthusiasts, while delivering a more cohesive industry voice,” said Ellen Bradley, senior vice president and chief brand officer for NMMA. “There has never been a more opportune time to unite Discover Boating and our shows as we welcome back attendees across the country, reimagining what it means to connect our industry with customers while leveraging these industry-owned events to grow boating and cultivate the next generation of boaters.”
Discover Boating boat and sport shows will feature the brand’s visual identity both onsite and online while providing a more connected experience for attendees and exhibitors with the launch of the Discover Boating Boat Finder— a digital platform that empowers customers to begin the boat-shopping process weeks ahead of the show they plan to attend.
“The new digital Discover Boating Boat Finder solves consumers’ desire to explore the latest boat models from all of the top brands in one place, right from the palm of their hand, complementing the in-person show experience and connecting attendees directly with exhibitors and brands before, during and after the show,” noted Matt Gruhn, president of MRAA. “The industry’s lifestyle brand, Discover Boating, is a powerful tool for anyone interested in boating. Its ability to connect and educate consumers, from first-time boat buyers to tenured boating enthusiasts, about boating, operation and ownership makes it an authoritative resource for anyone seeking more knowledge.”
As NMMA boat and sport shows transition under Discover Boating, the association is continuing its long-standing relationship with Progressive® Insurance, an industry leader in boat insurance. For the next five years, Progressive will be in partnership with Discover Boating boat and sport shows.
“We’re excited to continue our partnership with Progressive as we work together to reimagine what it means to connect the recreational boating industry with our existing customer and new-to-boating customers,” said Jennifer Thompson, senior vice president of boat and sport shows for NMMA. “Progressive will help shape and enhance certain aspects of the Discover Boating show attendee experience and further expand our collective reach to millions of boaters and outdoor recreation enthusiasts.”
“For more than a decade, Progressive has witnessed the energy, passion and enthusiasm the boat shows bring to people all over the country,” said Eric Doubler, Progressive Recreational Lines Direct Business Leader. “As a leader in boat insurance covering over one million watercrafts, we have a great desire to help continue to grow the sport, which is why it’s a natural fit for us to invest even further in partnership with the boat and sport shows.”
The 2023 Discover Boating boat and sport show schedule:
- Discover Boating® Nashville Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 5-8, 2023
- Discover Boating® Chicago Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 11-15, 2023
- Discover Boating® Atlanta Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 12-15, 2023
- Discover Boating® Minneapolis Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 19-22, 2023
- Discover Boating® Louisville Boat, RV & Sportshow, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 25-29, 2023
- Discover Boating® New York Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 25-29, 2023
- Discover Boating® Miami International Boat Show, Feb. 15-19, 2023
- Discover Boating® New England Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Feb. 15-19, 2023
- Discover Boating® Atlantic City Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, March 1-5, 2023
- Discover Boating® Northwest Sportshow, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, March 9-12, 2023
- Discover Boating® Norwalk Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, September 21-24, 2023
As NMMA continues to evolve its boat and sport show portfolio, and after thorough analysis alongside exhibitors and NMMA members, the association is not planning for a 2023 Baltimore Boat Show or St. Louis Boat & Sportshow; however, the association will retain these assets for future opportunities.
“The NMMA is committed to upholding a presence in Baltimore and St. Louis, and we look forward to exploring new ways to serve both the boating industry and consumers in these markets as well as others in 2024 and beyond,” said Thompson.
In addition to the NMMA’s boat and sport show investment in Discover Boating, the brand plans to work with other industry-produced boat shows and organize new boating events and activations to further amplify industry-wide efforts to engage potential, new and existing boaters.
Discover Boating boat and sport show logos and other marketing materials for dealers and manufacturers will be available and shared in early November. Contact Sarah Salvatori for more information and media requests, firstname.lastname@example.org.