Advocating for you
MRAA is the voice of boat retailers at the federal and state level. When you join MRAA, you increase the volume of our message with legislators.
Your expertise running a small business and your passion for the recreational boating industry puts you in a unique position to contribute to federal and state policies and programs that affect your business.
Members of Congress want to hear directly from you. By following our checklist, you can get involved and ensure that your business affects the issues that matter most to your bottom line.
MRAA’s Advocacy Checklist
To reach your revenue goals, your business needs clean public waterways; resilient and modern infrastructure; and a strong selling environment. MRAA’s Advocacy team works for you to fight policies that impede your operations and build resources to help you navigate your market with confidence. Getting engaged with policy makers to protect your business is as easy as following this checklist:
- Make sure that your Representatives and Senators hear your voice by taking action through Boating United.
- Sign a prior-approval form and attend a BoatPAC event. (U.S.-based members only)
- Learn more about the issues that matter most to your business.
- Sign up for Dealer Week to meet with industry stakeholders and share your concerns with our Advocacy team.
- Promoting outdoor recreation with the Outdoor Recreation Roundtable.
- Get involved with MRAA’s government relations manager by reaching out.