• Verify that Your Property is Properly Valued By Jeff Heydlauff of Global Marine Insurance and John Logothetis of Clear Marine Risk Solutions … Global Marine Insurance is an MRAA Education Champion In today’s economic environment with inflation a larger concern than in previous decades, it is even more important to protect the hard work that you have put into […]
FTC Safeguards Rule Deadline Extended Six Months
• Dealers & Financial Institutions Must Comply by June 9, 2023 November 15, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced that the deadline to comply with updates to the Safeguards Rule is now pushed back by six months, to June 9, 2023. Originally, businesses had to comply with the updated Safeguards Rule by December 9 of […]
Marketing to Current Marine Customers
• 5 Tips to Help Your Dealership Succeed in Marketing to Existing Customers from Boatline By Lori Stacy, CEO of Trader Interactive Today’s consumer buying environment is more competitive than ever, which is why retaining loyal customers is key. To keep up in this space, you may have to adjust current marketing strategies to better […]
Why Can’t I Find and Keep Good People?
• 6 Ideas to Help Your Dealership Improve at Employee Retention By Dixie Morrow Hiring people has been on everyone’s mind the past couple of years. Hiring people for a new position is exciting if it means you are growing your business, however replacing employees that you have invested time and money in training can […]
Motivated to Work and Grow
• Using Apprenticeship as a Retention Strategy & Build Your Workforce An MRAA blog by Wendy Mackie, Director of Workforce and Foundation Development You are in competition for a workforce. Not only with those in the boating and water sports industries, but in all industries. Workers are looking for opportunities for upward mobility and […]
Proposed Right Whale Rule Would Have Major Impact on East Coast Boating and Fishing
August 1, the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) released a proposed rule to put in place additional vessel speed regulations to further protect North Atlantic right whales. The proposed rule would change the spatial and temporal boundaries of the speed reduction zones and include most vessels greater than or equal to 35 feet and less […]
Bolster Your Finance Department to Withstand Disruption & Uncertainty
5 Key Areas to Tighten Up to Help Your F&I Department Find Future Success By Jared Zimlin, Director of Business Development, Elite Recreational Finance We are in a time of big changes. Some are positive. Some are negative. Some, well, we just don’t know. Customer expectations of how they purchase big ticket items are changing. […]
MRAA Certification News – September 2022
The MRAA Marine Industry Certified Dealership (MICD) program continues to make new strides within the boating industry. Recently, the Dealership Certification process was enhanced to include a new seven-week Certification Webinar Series with MRAA Consultants. The MICD Program and Certification Manager Liz Keener were also highlighted recently by “Marina Dock Age,” addressing how dealers can […]
New FTC Auto Rule: What Does It Mean for My Business?
By a 4-1 vote June 23, the FTC issued a notice of proposed rulemaking which if passed, will change the way you interact with your customers forever. The regulation, dubbed the “Motor Vehicle Dealers Trade Regulation Rule” would apply to cars, boats, motorcycles, and RVs, and is primarily aimed at removing deception and other unfair […]
Service Menus Update
Service Menus for boat dealers with an update from David Parker, Parker Business Planning.